Tuesday, March 20, 2012

coming soon: books I haven't had time to review

Despite the fact I'm no longer in grad school, spring seems to be the crazy season in my professional world. I'm caught up in preparing a paper for the spring meeting of the New England Historical Association meeting, helping draft the script of a free-lance family history documentary, and catching up on the work that went un-done while I was away in Michigan.

And today, I get to chat with Rachel Hills about her forthcoming book The Sex Myth! I'm stoked.

via Beautiful Portals
So here are the books I've read in the past six weeks or so but haven't found the time to review. As I get to writing the reviews (here and elsewhere) I'll try to update the list with hyperlinks.

Blank, Hanne. Straight: The Surprisingly Short History of Heterosexuality (Beacon Press, 2012).

Burke, Phyllis. Gender Shock: Exploding the Myths of Male and Female (Anchor Books, 1996).

Kline, Wendy. Bodies of Knowledge: Sexuality, Reproduction, and Women's Health in the Second Wave (Univ. of Chicago Press, 2010).

McGuire, Seanan. Discount Armageddon (Daw, 2012).

Miller, Neil. In Search of Gay America: Women and Men in a Time of Change (HarperCollins, 1990).

Picano, Felice. Art and Sex in Greenwich Village: A Memoir of Gay Literary Life After Stonewall (Basic Books, 2007).

Pratt, Geraldine. Families Apart: Migrant Mothers and Conflicts of Labor and Love (Univ. of Minnesota Press, 2012).

Schalet, Amy. Not Under My Roof: Parents, Teens, and the Culture of Sex (Univ. of Chicago Press, 2012).

Queen, Carol. Real Live Nude Girl: Chronicles of Sex-Positive Culture (Cleis Press, 1997).

No comments:

Post a Comment